FaceTime for PC makes it possible to talk, chat or hold meetings with anyone on an iPad, iPhone, iPod, Mac, and Windows devices, and also now Facetime – Video Calling App is also coming in PC with the built-in camera software.
It is easy to set up. All you need is to follow the instructions given and then dial a required contact mail. To start a video call add an entry to the contacts list. FaceTime gets connected with Contacts Address Book, which makes things easier for you. Another option is to call via email. An invitation will appear on their screen which they need to accept to make a call. If you are using Facetime on your Macbook then you can use some advanced features.
Facetime has awesome video calling quality than other best video calling apps. It can also record your Calls with HD quality. Facetime is not only good but it is the most secure video call app that provides end-to-end encryption. You can use other apps for video calling but they don’t have enough features and security. That is why Facetime is popular. It provides great end-to-end security.
If you are a Windows user, then you must have heard about the new FaceTime for Windows application, which has just been released. But before you get to grab it, you should first know what is FaceTime all about?
As we all know Facetime App was one of the best video calling application ever released for iOS devices as compared to Google Duo, Skype, Bingo, and Messenger, so the developer thought to release the same application for Mac PC and Android devices so that everyone can take advantage of this App.
Apple has also added some new security features for Facetime. Users can now experience encrypted HD video calls with friends and employees. You can download Facetime on Windows. Read the complete article.
Facetime app enables you to make video calls to other computers with the help of your internet connection. FaceTime is an ultra-modern program that actually runs on Apple iPhones, iPads, and any other iOS devices. Apart from iPhone users, you will be able to make calls using Windows computers and tablets, such as iPad, BlackBerry, and Surface. The free version allows you to make free calls; the paid version charges $9.99 per month, while the membership version will charge you a one-time fee of $99.
Facetime for PC & MAC: Now say hello to FaceTime PC. You can now make video calls from your Mac computer to another Mac or an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. It’s easy. It’s pretty much fun and exciting. One may almost feel the essence of being there while making a video call with Facetime.
In 2020, Video calls are the best way to interact with people you love. It connects you with your loved ones emotionally and physically. Facetime is the best app for this job we know, but there are many other apps, that allow users to do face-to-face talk on Windows PC and Mac.
Facetime application is all known for its quality, how user-friendly it is, and how much load this application takes on your iPhone. Facetime is a lightweight app that can run on any iOS device, well apart from this, facetime offers us awesome audio and video calling quality whereas apps like Google Duo, WhatsApp, Messenger, and Skyper won’t be able to provide such good quality in that respective bandwidth. Ever Wonder, Why Facetime is so popular?
Facetime for PC Features:
- HQ Video/Audio Calling
- Low Data Consumption
- It’s Free
Facetime is not officially available for PC or Windows but there are some best video calling apps for Windows and PC. Check the below alternatives of the Facetime App.
Facetime Alternatives for Windows PC
Facetime is not available for Windows but there are some awesome apps and software that are there for Windows. You can use these apps to make video calls for free. You can also use them for video conferences.
If you want to add more people to video calls then facetime is the best. We are going to list down some popular and safe video calling apps for Windows and Mac users.
Google has released its all-new Video Calling Platform for free. Yes, we are talking about Google Meet. Google has released the Google Meet Video Conferencing app public and make it free. You can use it with your Google Account.
You can Go to https://meet.google.com/ and start a new meeting or group video call.
We are testing this new app. We will update you soon. These can be the best Facetime Alternatives.
Jio Meet is also now available for free video calling. It is the best alternative to Facetime for PC App. It allows for unlimited video calling and business meetings.
You can download Jio Meet for free. It is available for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS also.
Telegram also launched its own HD video calling feature with end-to-end encryption. Also, they have added awesome things in video calling. To make sure your video call is encrypted or not, you can compare icons showing on your video calling screen.
If both the parties have the same icons then your video call is encrypted and secured.
1. Skype for free calls
Skype is one of the most popular and widely used video calling app, available for Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS users. Skype has also recently integrated what was formerly know as Microsoft Instant Messenger or Live Messenger into their platform. Since Microsoft is Skype, it only made sense to assimilate the two platforms into one. Now you can get the best of both worlds with MSN Messenger and Skype all in one.
Skype offers free instant calling to anyone on your skype list via video, sound, or text. Simply get the users skype name or email address and do a search for them and add them to your list and you can instantly communicate with them for free, anywhere in the entire world.
Website: Download Skype
2. Google Hangouts
Google Hangout is also a popular messaging and video calling app from Google. You don’t need to create another account. You can use it with your Google Account. You can use Hangout from PC also. It is available for Android, iOS, and Windows but you cannot make group video calls using Hangout.
Google Hangout uses voice-over IP (VOIP) technology. Using the service you are able to make phone calls to your friends and family members. There are no charges. There are some other features you can perform using the service like video conferencing, chat, and instant messaging.
Now iPhone users can also use Google Hangout. iPhone users can call other Google Hangout users for free when in a Wi-Fi zone with their iPhone. If Wi-Fi is not available, you can still use the service if you are in a 4G or GPRS network environment.
Website: Google Hangout
3. ZOOM Cloud Meetings
ZOOM Cloud Meetings is one of the trending apps that allows professionals to make a group video call or video conference for free. You can buy a subscription for advanced features. Zoom is now a very popular program for users to remain connected to a coronavirus pandemic. Many companies have implemented work from home orders.
Zoom is a very easy-to-use tool that could handle meetings between around 100 people. There are Small Business packages that increase this limitation and adds new features.
Zoom Meeting’s free version offers everything required, and that is what we’re going to have a peek at here. You can configure meetings and add peoples very easily.
These are some key features of the Zoom App:
- Video Webinar
- Conference Rooms
- Phone System
- Business IM
Download Zoom here: zoom.us
4. IMO Video Calling App
IMO is a social media app and the best facetime alternative of Facetime. It allows users to make free video calls and chat with friends. IMO is also available for Windows, Mac and Android users.
This new feature lets two Android users communicate with each other via internet chat. In addition, it allows for video chats, video conferencing and voice calls, too. You can add multiple people for a group video call. It allows you to share what you are doing with people who have not downloaded the application yet.
IMI is currently providing higher quality even at low network speed. It gives interruptions during a call. You can create the IMO account using our number. The IMO app could be downloaded from their website.
Download IMO: Play Store
- Google Duo
- WhatsApp Video Calls
- Facebook Video Call
Download Facetime For android
You can use Facetime on your Android devices. Here is a link.
How to Download and Install FaceTime for PC?
Follow these few simple footsteps to install your FaceTime for PC and enjoy endless video or voice calls for free using only your PC.
- Before downloading Facetime on your computer, first, you have to download Bluestacks on your system.
- You can download bluestacks applications from the official site https://www.bluestacks.com.
- After downloading Bluestacks, Install it and once it’s done, restart your PC.
- When you launch Bluestacks applications, it will take a few minutes to initialize its environments and default apps so make sure you don’t force close; it may result in the corruption of software.
- Once the PC restart, open the bluestacks application in your system, and from there go to the menu and click on the play store application.
- After opening Play Store, Click on search and type Facetime and then Download facetime for windows pc
- To install Facetime immediately, click Open or Run, and then follow the instructions on your screen. *If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- To install the FaceTime later, click Save, and then download the installation file to your computer. When you’re ready to install the FaceTime, double-click the file, and then follow the instructions on your screen. *This is a safer option because you can scan the installation file for viruses before you proceed.
- Launch FaceTime on your PC.
- It’s entirely free of cost for a lifetime.
- It is an Official app that was first developed for iOS devices and now for Android and Windows PC.
- You can use this application anytime, anywhere for Audio/Video Conferencing.
- As I said above, it comes with two advantages; users can make audio as well as video calls to anyone around the world.
- The visual quality of this application is Full HD(FHD), and the resolution purely depends on how good your device is.
- The users can connect different devices like PC, FaceTime on Windows, iPhones & Mac without any issues.
- One more advantage of Facetime is, users can connect multiple devices like PC, Facetime on Windows, iOS, and Mac without any drops.
- And there some typical features which Facetime app has like hiding or blocking calls if they are annoying you. This application automatically keeps all your contacts in sync from the contact book to the application. All the data gets stored in iCloud.
- Using facetime for Windows, users can make as many conferences/personal calls easily that to free of cost. More than six users can connect in a time Facetime Video/Audio call.[/su_box]
If you have read the features of the facetime application, then see the procedure of how you can use FaceTime on pc. If you love video calls then you must have Facetime App on your Android as well as iOS. Here are the steps
Must Check: Best Facetime Alternatives for Windows and Mac
How to Use Facetime on PC?
FaceTime is a very simple and intuitive tool; it is built by top Apple developers to provide an excellent user experience and make it fun and easy for everyone. You can quickly make audio and video calls from your PC in a single click.
With FaceTime, you can avail of video calls as well as audio calls, and not it also supports chat options with features like stickers and audio messages.
- Launch the FaceTime App from its folder or shortcut by clicking on it(After installation, it create a shortcut on Homescreen). * First-time launch will require you to set up your email address and phone number that can be used as your contact for FaceTime.
- Find the name of the person you’d like to FaceTime with; it will appear listed in the left-hand navigation panel, and click on it.
- Click on the number or email you’d like to call if you have multiple choices. *Calls made by FaceTime for PC can only be able if you have the person’s email address.
- Wait for the FaceTime dial-up session to connect from the end-user.
- When the person accepts your call, you are ready to start the conversation with the person on the other side.
- When you finish your conversation, you can click on the End call option like you would with any other regular call.
Control Options of FaceTime for PC
- When someone else is trying to reach you, a FaceTime pop-up will appear on your screen displaying the person’s name, and the following options quite the same as Messenger.
- Accept click on this option allows you to immediately connect with the person on the other side.
- Decline click on this option will end the calling made by the person on the other side.
- If the person calling you has decided on a video call, you will have the following icon next to the Accept and Decline option.
- Block video/camera call click on this option will allow only an audio call to take place and won’t turn on your built-in camera.
- When you accepted the call and started your conversation, you will have the following options.
- Full-screen click on this option will enable FaceTime to use the whole screen of your PC.
- End click on this option will immediately hang up the call.
- A mute click on this option will disable the microphone, and the person on the other side won’t be able to hear you.
- In case you started your FaceTime conversation as an audio call, you will have an option to switch to video.
- Video click on this option during your audio call will immediately turn on your camera and connect you with the person you were talking to, but this time you will be able to see each other.
Some Instructions about Facetime for PC Application
Just like a regular call; the pop will appear on your home screen if anyone is trying to message you or call you on Facetime even if the app is closed. So, you can accept or decline the call, and the same things go for chat options, whenever your friend or the end-user will message you, you will get pop notifications on your mobile.
FaceTime calls offer only a high-quality resolution HD display which now supports 1080p on PC. FaceTime for Mac and PC supports video calls up to 720p before now the new update supports up to 1080p FULL HD. All you need is a Mac or PC device, with a built-in HD camera to enable FaceTime in providing you vivid calls, in case if your system doesn’t have a built-in camera then you have to buy an external webcam from any local store or online.
The FaceTime HD camera also supports a widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio which gives a good calling experience to you and your family also. The clarity and full screen of the face time video call ensure one of the best video quality any application can ever have, and this is the only reason why this is application is much better than apps like Skype, Google Duo, and Messenger.
It doesn’t matter if it is a Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod, or PC; it works on most of the systems only with one tap. This lightweight application can easily run on any low configuration device.
How to use Facetime for Mac
Facetime is officially available for Mac users.
All you have to do is open Apps Launcher and then search for “Facetime”.
Login using Apple ID and Password. It is required. Once done, search for contacts and start using it.
Frequently Asked Questions About Facetime for PC
How much data does Facetime consume?
Facetime application eats less bandwidth as compared to other applications like Skype, Tango, Google Duo, etc. We recently test this thing on our devices, and it consumed around 18MB of data using it for 5 minutes, the call quality was Full HD 1080p.
Why your Facetime application is not working?
First of all, check whether you are connected to the Internet or not because facetime needs a stable internet connection to start an audio/video conference. If you’re on WiFi, then try to restart your WiFi router or broadband and then check whether it is working or not and still if it is not working then try to debug the error, maybe you haven’t installed the app properly, and in that case you have to reinstall it.
Is Facetime Available for Android?
Yes, you can read more about Facetime Android here.
Can we use mobile data for FaceTime?
Yes, why not? You can use your mobile data for Facetime Video and Audio calls. Well, you should use your mobile data only and only if your data has much better bandwidth. By default, Facetime only enables calls when the user is connected to WiFi, but you can allow using Mobile Data for calls from Facetime Settings. You can get the best quality with a low internet connection.
Do you have to pay for Facetime calls?
No, you don’t have to pay a single penny for Facetime calls, it’s free, all you need is a stable working internet connection which will enable you to do calls anytime, anywhere. However there two options, either you can use mobile data, or you can use WiFi. The most preferred is WiFi because it consumes data while you’re doing video calls.
Do we need the Internet for facetime calls?
Yes, we do need a stable Internet connection to facetime calls. If there is not proper Intenet, we won’t be able to call anyone using Facetime as this application requires stable internet to connect, but the best part is, this app even works on 2G networks. You can use WiFi as well as your mobile data to do free calls via the Internet.
How many people can facetime at once?
You can add multiple peoples on Facetime on PC.
To make sure that your video call is safe and secure, you can compare the encryption code with your partner on the iPhone. If the code is the same then your call is completely secure. Whatsapp is also using the same method to make its video calls secure.
We recommend you to use Facetime with a WiFi connection to get the best results. Also, you must have good microphone while using Facetime for Meetings and conferences.
So this was all about how you can download and install Facetime for PC, You can install via Bluestacks or any other Android emulator like YouWave or Nova, and for Mac, it is officially available on the App Store, so all you need to do is search for it in Apple App Store and download it. If you guys are facing any problems while downloading or installing this application, then you can let us know in the comment section below.