The novel Coronavirus outbreak has taken the world storm, and governments across the globe are not hesitating in declaring a complete lockdown! If the government has imposed a lockdown in your area, then it is only for your benefit. We know that being locked in your home can be annoying, but here is a sure-shot way to bid good to the boredom. You can participate in a group FaceTime call with your family or friends to get in touch with them while being safe inside your home. Have you used FaceTime calling before? If yes, then you must know how it works! Here are some easy-breezy steps to make a group FaceTime call with multiple people on your iPhone or iPad.
Steps to Make a Group FaceTime Call:
Apple allows you to do group FaceTime calls just like you do a one-on-one call. You can make a FaceTime call if you own an iPhone or iPad because FaceTime works only on iOS devices. You can follow these straightforward steps to make a group FaceTime call on the go.
- Find the FaceTime app on your iPad or iPhone and open it.
- You will find the + button available in the upper-right corner of the app.
- Click on the + button and start adding the people you want to be a part of the FaceTime call.
- Now click on Audio or Video based on the type of FaceTime call you want to do.
All the selected contacts will receive a notification that you have requested them to join the FaceTime call. Only contacts will be added to the call, that has approved the request to join the room.
Make FaceTime Call Using Messages:
You can even set a group FaceTime call using the Message app if you want. Just follow the below-mentioned steps, and you are good to go.
- Open the Messages app on your iPad or iPhone
- You can create a new group or can use the existing one where multiple participants are already added
- You can add or delete the participants if you need before making the call
- Now click on FaceTime
- All the participants will receive a notification that you have requested them to join the FaceTime call. They can be a part of the call clicking on the Join button.
How Many People Can You Add to The Group FaceTime Call?
Well, this is a great question! You can add up to 32 people to a group FaceTime call at once. It is even more than the allowed participant list of Hangout that supports 25 people. You can turn off the camera any time while using some effects during the call. Also, FaceTime allows you to mute the microphone, which is a useful feature while attending business calls.
How to Use Effects During the FaceTime Call?
Having a little fun is always a good idea! You can use some camera effects while making FaceTime interact with your friends and family. If you own an iPhone X or later or an iPad Pro 12.9 or 11 inches, then you can use Animojis. Just click on the effects button available on the screen during the FaceTime call, and you can select from a myriad of different effects available to make the call even exciting and fun.
How to Disconnect the Call?
Disconnecting the FaceTime call is as easy as a breeze, and you can do it on the go. All you have to do is tap on the Red X, and the call will disconnect. You can make the call again if you want following the steps mentioned above on how to make a group FaceTime call.
Can You Add Participants During the Call?
Yes, if you haven’t added 32 people before making the FaceTime call, then you can add more during the call. Here is how you can do it.
- During the call, click on the screen and then go to the controls.
- Swipe the screen up and click on Add Person.
- You can type the contact’s name or phone number or Apple ID.
- Also, you can click on the button if you wish to add people from your contacts.
- Click Add Person, and the selected contacts will be added to the existing FaceTime call.
Minimum Requirements to Make a FaceTime Call:
There are some minimum system requirements to use the Group FaceTime feature. Here is what you need if you want to make group FaceTime calls. Apple promises to release Group FaceTime feature with iOS Version 12, but failed in doing so! Finally, iOS 12.1 came with Group FaceTime on 30 October, and iOS users around the globe were able to use the feature.
- Your device needs minimum iOS 12.1 if you want to use group FaceTime
- This also complies with all the participants.
- You need an active internet or Wi-Fi connection to start making the call
And that’s it! Make sure that you and the participants have set the FaceTime app on their devices. If you haven’t set up the FaceTime app yet, then you can follow this process to set it up.
Summing It Up:
Quarantining doesn’t mean that you cannot meet your family or friends over FaceTime. See what they are doing and show them how you are living inside your apartment. If you don’t have iOS 12.1, then you can upgrade to it, if available for your device. Just go ahead, and call your mates in the time when they need your moral support.