FaceTime for PC makes it possible to talk, chat or hold meetings with anyone on an iPad, iPhone, iPod, Mac, and Windows devices and also now Facetime – Video Calling App is also coming in PC with the built-in camera software. So you can catch up, hang out, make a business meeting, or stay in touch with anyone and anywhere. One of the great feature this has its that it always adjusts to deliver excellent view whether they use front or rear camera or rotate from portrait to landscape.
It is easy to set up. All you need is to follow the instructions given and then dial a required contact mail. To start a video call add an entry in the contacts list. FaceTime gets connected with Contacts Address Book, which makes things easier for you. Another option is to call via email. An invitation will appear on their screen which they need to accept to make a call.
Facetime has awesome video calling quality than other best video calling apps. It can also record your Calls with HD quality.
Why FaceTime for Windows?
As we all know Facetime App was one of the best video calling application ever released for iOS devices as compared to Google Duo, Skype, Bingo and Messenger, so the developer thought to release the same application for Mac PC and Android devices so that everyone can take advantage of this App.
Facetime for PC & MAC: Now say hello to FaceTime PC. You can now make video calls from your Mac computer to another Mac or an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. It’s easy. It’s pretty much fun and exciting. One may almost feel the essence of being there while making a video call with Facetime.
Facetime application is all known for its quality, how user-friendly it is and how much load this application take in your iPhone. Facetime is a lightweight app which can run on any iOS device, well apart from this, facetime offers us awesome audio and video calling quality whereas apps like Google Duo, WhatsApp, Messenger, and Skyper won’t be able to provide such good quality in that respective bandwidth. Ever Wonder, Why Facetime is soo popular?
How to Download and Install FaceTime for PC?
Follow these few simple footsteps to install your FaceTime for PC and enjoy endless video or voice calls for free using only your PC.
- Before downloading Facetime on your computer, first, you have to download Bluestacks on your system.
- You can download bluestacks applications from official site https://www.bluestacks.com.
- After downloading Bluestacks, Install it and once it’s done, restart your PC.
- When you launch Bluestacks applications, it will take a few minutes to initialize its environments and defaults apps so make sure you don’t force close; it may result in the corruption of software.
- Once the PC restart, open bluestacks application in your system and from there go to the menu and click on play store application.
- After opening Play Store, Click on search and type Facetime and then Download facetime for windows pc
- To install the Facetime immediately, click Open or Run, and then follow the instructions on your screen. *If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- To install the FaceTime later, click Save, and then download the installation file to your computer. When you’re ready to install the FaceTime, double-click the file, and then follow the instructions on your screen. *This is a safer option because you can scan the installation file for viruses before you proceed.
- Launch FaceTime on your PC.
If you have read the features of facetime application, then see the procedure of how you can use FaceTime on pc. If you love video calls then you must have Facetime App on your Android as well as iOS. Here are the steps
How to Use Facetime on PC?
FaceTime is a very simple and intuitive tool; it is built by top Apple developers to provide excellent user experience and make it fun and easy for everyone. You can quickly make audio and video call from your PC in a single click.
With FaceTime, you can avail video call as well as audio call and not it also support chat options with features like stickers and audio messages.
- Launch the FaceTime App from its folder or shortcut by clicking on it(After installation, it create a shortcut on Homescreen). * First-time launch will require you to set up your email address and phone number that can be used as your contact for FaceTime.
- Find the name of the person you’d like to FaceTime with; it will appear listed in the left-hand navigation panel, and click on it.
- Click on the number or email you’d like to call if you have multiple choices. *Calls made by FaceTime for PC can only be able if you have the person’s email address.
- Wait for the FaceTime dial-up session to connect from the end-user.
- When the person accepts your call, you are ready to start the conversation with the person on the other side.
- When you finish your conversation, you can click on the End call option like you would with any other regular call.
Control Options of FaceTime for PC
- When someone else is trying to reach you, a FaceTime pop-up will appear on your screen displaying the person’s name and the following options quite same as Messenger.
- Accept click on this option allows you to immediately connect with the person on the other side.
- Decline click on this option will end the calling made by the person on the other side.
- If the person calling you has decided on a video call, you will have the following icon next to Accept and Decline option.
- Block video/camera call click on this option will allow only an audio call to take place and won’t turn on your built-in camera.
- When you accepted the call and started your conversation, you will have the following options.
- Full-screen click on this option will enable FaceTime to use the whole screen of your PC.
- End click on this option will immediately hang up the call.
- Mute click on this option will disable the microphone, and the person on the other side won’t be able to hear you.
- In case you started your FaceTime conversation as an audio call, you will have an option to switch to video.
- Video click on this option during your audio call will immediately turn on your camera and connect you with the person you were talking to, but this time you will be able to see each other.
Some Instructions about Facetime for PC Application
Just like a regular call; the pop will appear on your home screen if anyone is trying to message you or call you on Facetime even if the app is closed. So, you can accept or decline the call, and the same things go for chat options, whenever your friend or the end-user will message you, you will get pop notifications on your mobile.
FaceTime calls offer an only high-quality resolution HD display which now supports 1080p on PC. FaceTime for Mac and PC supports video calls up to 720p before now the new update supports up to 1080p FULL HD. All you need is a Mac or PC device, with a built-in HD camera to enable FaceTime in providing you vivid calls, in case if your system doesn’t have a built-in camera then you have to a buy an external webcam from any local store or online.
The FaceTime HD camera also supports a widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio which gives a good calling experience to you and your family also. The clarity and full screen of the face time video call ensure the one of the best video quality any application can ever have, and this is the only reason why this is application is much better than apps like Skype, Google Duo, and Messenger.
It doesn’t matter if it is a Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod or PC; it works on most of the system only with one tap. This lightweight application can easily run on any low configuration device.
Frequently Asked Questions About Facetime for PC
How much data does Facetime consume?
Facetime application eats less bandwidth as compared to other applications like Skype, Tango, Google Duo, etc. We recently test this thing on our devices, and it consumed around 18MB of data using it for 5 minutes, the call quality was Full HD 1080p.
Why your Facetime application is not working?
First of all, check whether you are connected to the Internet or not because facetime needs a stable internet connection to start an audio/video conference. If you’re on WiFi, then try to restart your WiFi router or broadband and then check whether it is working or not and still if it is not working then try to debug the error, maybe you haven’t installed the app properly and in that case you have to reinstall it.
Is Facetime Available for Android?
Yes, you can read more about Facetime Android here.
Can we use mobile data for FaceTime?
Yes, why not? You can use your mobile data for Facetime Video and Audio calls. Well, you should use your mobile data only and only if your data has much better bandwidth. By default, Facetime only enables calls when the user is connected to WiFi, but you can allow using Mobile Data for calls from Facetime Settings. You can get best quality with low internet connection.
Do you have to pay for Facetime calls?
No, you don’t have to pay a single penny for Facetime calls, it’s free, all you need is a stable working internet connection which will enable you to do calls anytime, anywhere. However there two options, either you can use mobile data, or you can use WiFi. The most preferred is WiFi because it consumes data while you’re doing video calls.
Do we need the Internet for facetime calls?
Yes, we do need a stable Internet connection to facetime calls. If there is not proper Intenet, we won’t be able to call anyone using Facetime as this application requires a stable internet to connect, but the best part is, this app even works on 2G networks. You can use WiFi as well as your mobile data to do free calls via the Internet.
So this was all about how you can download and install Facetime for PC, You can install via Bluestacks or any other Android emulator like YouWave or Nova, and for Mac, it is officially available on App store, so all you need to do is search for it in Apple App Store and download it. If you guys are facing any problem while downloading or installing this application, then you can let us know in the comment section below.