FaceTime for PC makes it possible to talk, chat or hold meetings with anyone on an iPad, iPhone, iPod, Mac, and Windows devices and also now it is also coming in PC with built-in camera software. So you can catch up, hang out, make a business meeting, or stay in touch with anyone and anywhere.
One of the great feature this has its that it always adjusts to deliver excellent view whether they use front or rear camera or rotate from portrait to landscape.
It is easy to set up. All you need is to follow the instructions given and then dial a required contact mail. To start a video call add an entry in the contacts list. FaceTime gets connected with Contacts Address Book, which makes things easier for you. Another option is to call via email. An invitation will appear on their screen which they need to accept to make a call.
So there you go; Mac to PC, PC to iPhone, iPad to PC or PC to iPod, the options are numerous, you have to pick one that suits your needs.
How to Download FaceTime for PC?
Follow these few simple footsteps to install your FaceTime for PC and enjoy endless video or voice calls for free using only your PC.
- Before downloading Facetime on your computer, first, you have to download Bluestacks.
- After downloading Bluestacks, Install it and once its done, restart your PC.
- Once the PC restart, open bluestacks application in your system and from there go to the menu and click on play store application.
- After opening Play Store, Click on search and type Facetime and then Download facetime for windows pc
- To install the Facetime immediately, click Open or Run, and then follow the instructions on your screen. *If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- To install the FaceTime later, click Save, and then download the installation file to your computer. When you’re ready to install the FaceTime, double-click the file, and then follow the instructions on your screen. *This is a safer option because you can scan the installation file for viruses before you proceed.
- Launch FaceTime on your PC.
If you have read the features of facetime application, then see the procedure how you can use FaceTime on pc. Here are the steps
How to Use Facetime on PC?
FaceTime is very simple and intuitive tool; it is built by top Apple developers to provide excellent user experience and make it fun and easy for everyone.
With FaceTime, you can avail video call as well as audio call.
- Launch FaceTime App from its folder or shortcut by clicking on it. * First-time launch will require you to setup your own email address and phone number that can be used as your contact for FaceTime.
- Find the name of the person you’d like to FaceTime with; it will appear listed in the left-hand navigation panel, and click on it.
- Click on the number or email you’d like to call if you have multiple choices. *Calls made by FaceTime for PC can only be able if you have the person’s email address.
- Wait for the FaceTime dial-up session to connect.
- When the person accepts your call, you are ready to start the conversation with the person on the other side.
- When you finish your conversation, you can click on the End call option like you would with any other regular call.
Control Options of FaceTime for PC
- When someone else is trying to reach you, a FaceTime pop-up will appear on your screen displaying the person’s name and the following options.
- Accept click on this option allows you to immediately connect with the person on the other side.
- Decline click on this option will end the calling made by the person on the other side.
- If the person calling you has decided for a video call, you will have the following icon next to Accept and Decline option.
- Block video/camera call click on this option will allow only an audio call to take place and won’t turn on your built-in camera.
- When you accepted the call and started your conversation, you will have the following options.
- Full-screen click on this option will enable FaceTime to use the whole screen of your PC.
- End click on this option will immediately hang up the call.
- Mute click on this option will disable the microphone, and the person on the other side won’t be able to hear you.
- In case you started your FaceTime conversation as an audio call, you will have an option to switch to video.
- Video click on this option during your audio call will immediately turn on your camera and connect you with the person you were talking to, but this time you will be able to see each other.
Some Instructions about Facetime for PC Application
Just like a regular call; the pop will appear on your home screen if anyone is trying to reach you on Facetime even if the app is closed. So, you can accept or decline the call.
FaceTime calls offer an only high-quality resolution HD display. FaceTime for Mac and PC supports video calls up to 720p. All you need is a Mac or PC device, with a built-in HD camera to enable FaceTime in providing you vivid calls.
The FaceTime HD camera also supports a widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio which gives a good calling experience to you and your family also. Th clarity and full screen of the face time video call ensure the one of the best video quality.
It doesn’t matter if it is a Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod or PC; it works on most of the system only with one tap.
Frequently Asked Questions About Facetime for PC
How much data does Facetime consume?
Facetime application eats less bandwidth as compared to other applications like Skype, etc. We recently test this thing, and it consumed around 18MB of data using it for 5 minutes.
Why your Facetime application is not working?
First of all, check whether you are connected to the Internet or not because facetime needs a stable internet connection to start an audio/video conference. If you’re on WiFi, then try to restart your WiFi router or broadband and then check whether it is working or not.
Can we use mobile data for FaceTime?
Yes, why not? You can use your mobile data for Facetime Video and Audio calls. Well, you should use your mobile data only and only if your data has the much better bandwidth. By default, Facetime only enables calls when the user is connected to WiFi, but you can allow use Mobile Data for calls from Facetime Settings.
Do you have to pay for Facetime calls?
No, you don’t have to pay a single penny for Facetime calls, all you need is a stable working Internet connection which will enable you to do calls anytime, anywhere. However there two options, either you can use mobile data, or you can use WiFi. The most preferred is WiFi because it consumes data while you’re doing video calls.
Do we need the Internet for facetime calls?
Yes, we do need a stable Internet connection to facetime calls. If there is not proper Intenet, we won’t be able to call anyone using Facetime as this application requires stable internet to connect. You can use WiFi as well as your own mobile data to do free calls via the Internet.